Connect with us

News

12-Year-Old Child Declared Missing In Lagos

Published

on

12-Year-Old Child Declared Missing In Lagos

A 12-year-old girl identified as Omowunmi Yusuf , a resident of Owotu in Ikorodu area of Lagos State, has been declared missing by her family.

The girl was said to have left home on Sunday, January 31, 2021, and has not been seen since then.

ALSO READ  PHOTOS: Kwankwaso laid to rest, large crowd present

A post by a family friend, Babatunde Adedeji Afonrinwo, called on anyone with useful information about the girl’s whereabouts to reach him on the phone number below. 

“Omowunmi Yusuf is a 12year old daughter of my friend. She left home on Sunday evening, and till now she hasn’t returned home. The family and friends have made a search effort but all has proved abortive, while an official report has been made at the Police Station.” He wrote 

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Nigeria records second highest positive cases in a day, FCT and Lagos cases rises

“The family stays around Owutu, Agric in Ikorodu. Please, if anyone has any vital information about her whereabouts, we will be glad to have such an information. You can reach me here, or 07030619518. Thank you!”

News

JUST IN: Abducted Kagara Students Regain Freedom

Published

on

Kagara Abduction

The kidnapped students and staff of Government Science College Kagara, Niger State have finally regained freedom from the armed bandits in Niger State.

A top official involved in the counter revealed that they have finally regained their freedom.

Recall that Bubble Reports had reported the abduction of the boarding students by the bandits who were dressed in military uniforms on February 17, 2021.

ALSO READ  'They threatened to march me to Zamfara' -Kidnapped Ekiti Businessman

A total of 27 students, three staff members, and 12 members of their family were abducted after the attack on the Kagara school in the early hours of Wednesday.

Details later…

Continue Reading

News

‘Any Attempt To Arrest Me Would Fail’- Sunday Igboho

Published

on

SUNDAY IGBOHO

Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has said that any attempt by the police, the army and the Department of State Services to arrest him, saying any effort to arrest him on Yorubaland will fail.

He said this during an interview with Punch on Friday, while reacting to the clash between him and security agents around the Guru Maharaji bus stop along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

The Yoruba rights activist, who has been in the news for serving a quit notice on Fulani herdsmen in some parts of the South-West, said he was never invited before they attempted to arrest him.

ALSO READ  PHOTOS: Kwankwaso laid to rest, large crowd present

Igboho, therefore, stated that he did not know why he was being targeted. He advised the Federal Government to focus on capturing Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, and invite Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, who has been meeting with bandits in recent times.

He said, “I was never invited. They just lay in ambush for me at Guru Maharaji and started shooting. They started shouting, ‘Where is Sunday Igboho?’ I identified myself and asked them what the problem was. They said I was under arrest and I said, ‘For what? On my father’s land? That was how it degenerated.

ALSO READ  Lagos State Government Demolishes Unapproved Building In The State

“When they noticed how tense everywhere was, they fled. They came in four Hilux vans and a Toyota Land Cruiser. There are bandits operating all over the place but people like me who are defending our fatherland are the ones you want to arrest. Why?”

When asked if the police had invited him, he said, “I have not been invited. What have I done to warrant an arrest? Why do they want to arrest me? What have I done?”

ALSO READ  103 Health Facilities Sealed In 2020 By Lagos State Govt.

On whether he would honour a police invitation if invited, Igboho said, “Go and ask them to invite Gumi and Shekau first before disturbing me. Let them face the bandits instead.”

When asked if he would go into hiding, he said, “What for? I am in the neighbourhood. I cannot run.”

He added that he had returned to his base in Ibadan.

He also revealed that his bank account which was initially frozen has had the restriction lifted.

SOURCE: Saturday Punch

Continue Reading

News

Lagos State Police Arraigns Driver That Knocked Police Off A Bridge

Published

on

driker knocks police off bridge

The Lagos state police command today arraigned the law offending driver who knocked a police officer off the bridge along the International airport road on February 24, before an Oshodi mobile court.

The video of the driver who was driving against traffic and trying to evade arrest from security agents surfaced online on Thursday, February 25. The driver in the process hit the police officer identified as David Zapania.

ALSO READ  103 Health Facilities Sealed In 2020 By Lagos State Govt.

The driver was arraigned before the court on six charges this morning which include Driving against traffic (one way), Resisting arrest, Reckless and dangerous driving, Driving with an invalid driver’s license, Assaulting a police officer, and attempted murder. The police say he will be arraigned in another court for the attempted murder charge.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Nigeria records 712 positive cases, Lagos still tops

At the ruling, no bail or fine was given and he will be remanded in Badagry prison until March 26 for the next hearing.

Continue Reading

News

Gunmen Abducts Over 300 Schoolgirls In Zamfara

Published

on

Taraba State Deputy Governor’s Personal Assistant Abducted By Gunmen

Gunmen suspected to be bandits attacked the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Talata Mafara local government area of Zamfara State and abducted ‘300’ girls of the school.

According to gathered reports by Bubble Reports, the gunmen stormed the school premises in the early hours of today, Friday, February 26.

Zamfara Government confirms the abduction

The Zamfara state government confirmed the abduction through the state commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Dauran, said the number of students abducted is yet to be ascertained.

“I can confirm to you now that we have sadly received the report on the abduction of the students of GGSS Jangebe and right now, I am on my way to the school.

“At this moment, l cannot say how many students were taken away by the gunmen until l get there, but we have already mobilized security men and members of the vigilantatè who are now in pursuit of the abductors,” the commissioner said.

State Police gives report

Zamfara Police Commissioner, Abutu Yaro disclosed that about 317 girls were abducted.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Nigeria records second highest positive cases in a day, FCT and Lagos cases rises

Yaro said a joint search and rescue operation is already underway with a view to rescuing the 317 students kidnapped by the gunmen. 

The police commissioner also disclosed that the Force Commander of Operations Hadarin Daji, Major General Aminu Bande, Brigade Commander 1 Brigade, Nigeria Army Gusau, and other state government officials led a heavily armed Re-enforcement team to Jangebe to complement the ongoing rescue operation in the locations where the students were believed to have been whisked to.

He appealed to everyone to be calm as joint efforts of the police and other security agencies will surely lead to a successful rescue of the students.

ALSO READ  Lagos State Government Demolishes Unapproved Building In The State

Witnesses reports

One of the teachers at the school claimed that close to 550 students were abducted by gunmen.

The teacher who spoke to Daily Trust said out of 600 students of the school, about 50 were left behind.

The teacher said; 

“Initially, the school authorities prevented them from going with the remaining students but they grew angrier and began to pull down doors and windows of the buildings in the school and the school authority had to yield to their demands.

“When the gunmen laid siege, they attacked the soldiers stationed in the community before they gained entry into the school.

“Some people told us that they stationed vehicles at the outskirts of the school.

“Security operatives and the local vigilante groups are trailing the gunmen and dozens of other residents have volunteered to take part in the search.”

Another staff of the school who spoke on condition of anonymity said,

”The gunmen in their hundreds invaded the town around 2 am on Friday, shot sporadically in the air to scare the residents before coming into the school. After taking away most of the students, we rounded up those that escaped or hid from the bandits and conducted a census where we counted 54 students and we are still searching to see if we can get more.”

The abductors are yet to contact anyone with their demands.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Record broken again as new cases hit record high

This incident comes barely a week after bandits attacked the Government Science College in Kagara, Niger state and abducted 27 students and 15 others after they had shot a student dead.

Continue Reading

News

Kagara Abduction: FG Has Abandoned Us- Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello

Published

on

Abubakar Bello

The governor of Niger State, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello has accused the Federal Government of abandoning them in negotiation to secure the release of the abducted students and staff of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State.

Sani Bello made the accusation during the visit of the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu at the Government House in Minna on Thursday February 25.

ALSO READ  Farmers in Borno gets dry-season farming equipment from Zulum

The governor said the state has been left to handle the rescue on its own, said they were left to shoulder the financial responsibility which came off the abduction. He however admitted that the Federal Government sent a delegation to the state and also deployed 300 mobile policemen to the state.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Nigeria records second highest positive cases in a day, FCT and Lagos cases rises

The Niger state Governor however vowed to ensure that the kidnap victims are freed. Bello said; 

“So where is the support? At the moment we have not seen any Federal support here since this incident occurred. Yes we had a delegation that came to commensurate with, but we are left to ourselves. 

“We will use whatever means and resources available to make sure the children return home safely. We don’t have exact day and when these children will be released but I am sure that it will happen very soon.”

Continue Reading

Search Google

ADVERTISEMENT

GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook

PICKED FOR YOU TO READ

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

Most Read Reports