Presidential aide, Lauretta Onochie has waded into the controversy triggered by eviction orders issued to Fulani herdsmen over increased criminal activities in some communities across the country.
Onochie in series of tweets shared on Monday January 25 in reaction to human rights activist Femi Falana’s claim of the presidency acting as the ‘defenders of herders’, insisted that no tribe is free of bad eggs.
The presidential aide who described criminalizing an ethnic group because one does not like Buhari’s face as fishing for trouble, also alleged that there’s been a devious game of recycling of “issues” under Buhari’s administration to the point that those “who benefit from the chaos have not noticed the strides this government has made.”
LET COMMONSENSE PREVAIL.
1. Who can argue with Femi Falana SAN? Who has a counter argument against Rotimi Fashaki?
If Emeka, Chijioke and Adanma commit crimes in any state, Emeka, Chijioke and Adanma alone are arrested and charged. Not Ndigbo.
2. If Adeleke, Ayodele and Iyabo commit crimes in any state, Adeleke, Ayodele and Iyabo alone would usually be arrested and charged. Not the Yoruba nation.
3. However, when the criminal is Musa, Aliyu or Ibrahim, the whole Fulani nation is guilty. Sometimes, Fulanis who have lived in the area for decades, are made to suffer the consequences of crimes committed by others. Why is this? They are Fulanis, Pres Buhari’s ethnic group
4. If theres an ethnic or community clash where lives & properties are lost, we pick & choose which to attribute to community clash & which to lay on the doorsteps of d Fulanis, @MBuhari’s ethnic group in order to satisfy the craving for more bitterness & hatred towards MBuhari
5. There’s no tribe that is free of bad eggs. But criminalising an ethnic group because you don’t like President Buhari’s face, is nothing short of evil and fishing for trouble.
6. It’s a devious game that has been on for a while now. There has been a recycling of “issues” under this government, to the point that those who benefit from the chaos have not noticed the strides this government has made.
7. They had asked for, no, Demanded restructuring. @MBuhari has no power to alter the constitution so he did what’s within his power. Executive orders mean that Governors have their powers back as chief security officers of their states No one is threathening state of emergency
8. After restructuring, they moved to Fulani herdsmen & Boko Haram. Then an international “ombudsman” organisation, released statistics showing that in spite of security challenges, Nigeria is safer under this government than the previous.
9. They then moved to d economy. Most of their criticisms were false. With the Pandemic & a downturn in the world economy, the IMF announced that Nigeria had moved from the 46th to the 25th best economy, globally while still maintaining her 1st spot in Africa This angered them.
10.They didn’t give it a mention. It was not what they wanted for Nigeria and Nigerians. They wallowed in a mud of disappointment. They are now back to restructuring and Fulani herdsmen. They decided that the two topics wailed together, would make more impact
11. Although they have refused to take their liberty, local government councils, state houses of assembly and state judiciaries have been granted autonomy through executive orders signed by Mr. President. What more can he do! Drop? #BabaNoDeyDrop
12. Those threathening mayhem must calm down, take a deep breath and remember that this is the only nation we can truly call, “ours”. The ballot box is usually, the best way to change a government. That’s in 2023
Let common sense prevail. God bless Nigeria.
Kano State Government Orders Immediate Closure Of 4 Tertiary Institutions
Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has ordered the immediate closure of four tertiary institutions in the state.
The closure comes a day after he ordered the closure of ten boarding schools in the state following the abduction of over 300 schoolgirls in neighbouring Zamfara State.
A statement released by the state Commissioner for Higher Education, Dr Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, reads
“The Kano State Government under the able leadership of His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kano State, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has directed the closure of some tertiary institutions in the state with immediate effect,”
The tertiary institutions ordered to be closed include RMK College of Advanced and Remedial Studies, T/Wada; School of Environmental Studies Gwarzo; School of Rural Technology and Entrepreneurship Dev (SORTED), Rano and ABCOAD, Dambatta.
All students of the affected schools were also advised to vacate the campuses as soon as possible.
PHOTOS: Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello, Meets Freed Kagara Schoolboys
The Governor of Niger State, Abubakar Bello met with the recently freed Kagara schoolboys and their teachers at the state government house in Minna, the state capital.
The state governor said the state government is working to identify the root cause of banditry in the state.
He also disclosed that one of the abductees is in the hospital being treated for excessive exhaustion.
Armed Bandits Kill 4 Persons In Fresh Attacks In Kagara
At least four persons were reportedly killed during fresh attacks by suspected bandits in Kagara community in Niger State.
The attack comes after the 27 students and three teachers of the Government Science College in Kagara abducted by suspected bandits last Wednesday, February 17, regained their freedom in the early hours of today, February 27.
According to a report by DailyTrust, the bandits attacked Gidan Adamu, near Yakila, headquarters of Gunna district and Gidan Wamban Karaku community where 11 persons which include seven women were abducted.
The bandits were said to have rustled a large number of cows and also kidnapped the Imam of Madaka district in Rubo village.
EFCC Arraigns Insurance Broker Over Diversion of N26b PHCN Pension Fund
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday, February 25 arraigned an insurance broker named Abiodun Waheed Hassan, alongside his firm, Bestworth Insurance Brokers Limited, on a five-count charge of misappropriating over N26billion PHCN pension fund.
Hassan was arraigned before Justice S.C Oriji of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Apo, Abuja.
Abiodun allegedly diverted huge sums of money earmarked for the payment of outstanding insurance premiums and claims of deceased and incapacitated staff of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), into the corporate account of entities.
In one count of the charge, the insurance broker diverted N26 billion paid into the insurance firm account into another bank account on January 25, 2015. Count five of the charge alleged that Abiodun misappropriated six billion naira.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Oriji adjourned the matter till March 4, 2021 for hearing on the bail application and remanded defendant in EFCC custody.
Kano State Government Closes 10 Boarding Schools Following Zamfara School Abduction
In reaction to the recent abduction of over 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara State by armedmen , the Kano state government has ordered the immediate closure of 10 boarding schools located at the outskirt of the state.
A statement released by the state Commissioner of Education Muhammad Sunusi Kiru, listed the affected schools as Girls Secondary School at Sumaila, Girls Secondary School Jogana, Girls Secondary School Gezawa, and Government Secondary School, Kafin Maiyaki (Male),
Others are Maitama Sule Secondary School, Gaya; Girls Secondary School Kachako; Girls Secondary School, Kunchi; Unity College Karaye; Girls Arabic College Albasu; Girls Secondary School Tudun Wada and Danzabuwa.
“This decision is part of our resolve to protect our children from any unforeseen circumstances.”the statement read
The Commissioner urged parents to bear with the state government over the painful decision, saying it is for the good of the children.
He said schools will resume once the security situation is brought under control.
GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook
PICKED FOR YOU TO READ
‘I Never Collected Salary For 8 Years As Governor Of Osun’- Rauf Aregbesola
The Minister of Interior and former governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, has revealed that he never collected any...
Governor Ganduje Sacks Adviser Salihu Tanko Yakasai, After He Criticized President Buhari And APC
The Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has sacked his Special Adviser on Media, Salihu Tanko Yakasai. The state...
JUST IN: Abducted Kagara Students Regain Freedom
The kidnapped students and staff of Government Science College Kagara, Niger State have finally regained freedom from the armed bandits...
‘Any Attempt To Arrest Me Would Fail’- Sunday Igboho
Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has said that any attempt by the police, the army...
NBC Bans Ric Hassani’s ‘Thunder Fire You’, Fines Radio Stations That Plays It
Nigerian rising musician, Ric Hassani has revealed the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has placed a ban on his single ‘Thunder Fire You’. ALSO READ:...
Most Read Reports
- Entertainment4 days ago
Ex-Beauty Queen, Sandra Benede Goes Pant-less In New Photo
- News2 days ago
If You Dare Me, I’ll Spill All Your Bad Records” – Bobrisky Drags Nkechi Blessing
- News2 days ago
LAUTECH Reacts To ‘Sex Tape’ Of Its Lecturer Having Sex With A Student
- Entertainment5 days ago
Faze Loses Twin Sister Two Days To Their Birthday
- Entertainment1 day ago
Erica Replies Fan Who Asked Her Why She Likes Exposing Her Body