Connect with us

News

FG Signs $1.959bn Agreement For construction of Rail-Line

Published

on

The Federal Government has signed an agreement for the construction of $1.959 billion rail project that would terminate in the Niger Republic.

This was disclosed on Monday by the Ministry of Transportation via Twitter.

The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed with the Mota- Engil Group, a multinational engineering and construction company, for the Kano to Maradi rail line project.

ALSO READ  'You abuse homosexual people on social media and then behind closed doors you will be with your homosexual partner. Who are you fooling?'' Aisha Yesufu attacks Arewa Youths

ALSO READ:

While the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, signed the agreement on behalf of Nigeria the Managing Director of Mota- Engil Group, Antonio Gvoea, signed on behalf of the firm in Abuja.

According to a statement by the spokesman, Ministry of Transportation, Eric Ejiekwe, the Minister said the 283.750-kilometre rail line, besides developing freight and passenger transport, will be integrated with road transport and would make a great contribution to the local economy as well as an important development in the social sector.

ALSO READ  Pope Francis’ Personal Doctor Dies From COVID-19

The project duration is for 36 months and the contract type is engineering, procurement and construction.

Amaechi has said the inauguration of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line had been put on hold due to upsurge of COVID-19 in the country.

According to him, over 60 staff on project site have been infected while trying to complete the project.

ALSO READ  Iyabo Ojo in tears as she recounts how she battled depression over her failed marriage (VIDEO)
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Kagara Abduction: FG Has Abandoned Us- Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello

Published

on

Abubakar Bello

The governor of Niger State, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello has accused the Federal Government of abandoning them in negotiation to secure the release of the abducted students and staff of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State.

Sani Bello made the accusation during the visit of the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu at the Government House in Minna on Thursday February 25.

ALSO READ  Yobe State Policemen Reunite Three ‘Abandoned’ Children With Family

The governor said the state has been left to handle the rescue on its own, said they were left to shoulder the financial responsibility which came off the abduction. He however admitted that the Federal Government sent a delegation to the state and also deployed 300 mobile policemen to the state.

ALSO READ  PHOTOS: Buhari's son-in-law celebrates birthday in Dubai

The Niger state Governor however vowed to ensure that the kidnap victims are freed. Bello said; 

“So where is the support? At the moment we have not seen any Federal support here since this incident occurred. Yes we had a delegation that came to commensurate with, but we are left to ourselves. 

“We will use whatever means and resources available to make sure the children return home safely. We don’t have exact day and when these children will be released but I am sure that it will happen very soon.”

Continue Reading

News

‘Third Mainland Bridge Full Opened This Weekend’, Fashola Promises

Published

on

Third mainland bridge closed

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has assured that the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos state would be totally reopened to public traffic this weekend. The bridge has been partially shut since July 2020 for repairs.

Fashola, who gave the assurance during a radio phone-in program, did not specify which day of the weekend to expect the reopening. He said

“I can tell you now that this weekend, it will be opened definitely. My directors are still in Lagos. The major works have now been finished, so let me say that again by way of information.

Definitely this weekend it will be reopened. I will announce the date toward Friday and the reason why I am holding back the exact date is that we are government.

Any time we say something, people must reliably be able to plan their lives around what we say’’ he said

Speaking further, the Minister said

“The major works have now been finished, the piles, all the joints, all the bearings, everything is done. The last miles now are the works which were not in the contract but we insisted must be done.

We are asphalting some of the places on the pavement that have been affected by erosion; some of the lane markings have worn away so we want to do that”

ALSO READ  Iyabo Ojo in tears as she recounts how she battled depression over her failed marriage (VIDEO)
Continue Reading

News

President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Deal With Insecurities In The Country

Published

on

Buhari on Face Mask

President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed that his administration will continue to deal with the insecurities which are a threat to innocent citizens across the country.

The President said this when he spoke at the joint security meeting of Northern State Governors’ Forum and traditional rulers on Thursday February 25.

Represented by Ibrahim Gambari, chief of staff to the president, Buhari said criminality should be handled without resorting to ethnic profiling.

“I must appreciate the efforts of the 19 Northern States Governors’ Forum for their contribution towards national growth and development, especially in this challenging period in our nation’s being where certain fundamental corporate existence need to be frankly deliberated upon and actionable resolutions reached.

This meeting is coming at a time when the nation is making steady progress in addressing the many challenges impeding developmental and progress. We are providing critical infrastructure such as roads, railways, airports among others which are critical to economic prosperity of our people as well as opening up economic opportunities for our citizens to pursue legitimate aspirations that grow the economy.

At the same time, we are confronting the various dimensions of security challenges that continue to slow down the emancipation of our people from poverty and economic deprivation. The Government shall continue to deal with insurgents, bandits, kidnappers and other criminals who constitute a threat to innocent citizens across the country.

Criminals are criminals and should be dealt with accordingly, without resorting to ethnic profiling. I have already tasked the new Service Chiefs to devise new strategies that will end this ugly situation where the lives of our people continue to be threatened by hoodlums and criminals.

I expect that at this meeting, your Forum will also discuss and devise ways of building stronger collaboration with the security architecture and the people in defeating criminality across the region and the nation at large.”

ALSO READ  60 Lagos-Ibadan railway project workers infected with COVID-19 – Rotimi Amaechi reveals
Continue Reading

News

‘Borrowing Is Needed For Nigeria’s Growth’- Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed

Published

on

zAINAB ahmed

Nigeria’s Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, has defended the country’s level of borrowing saying that Nigeria cannot make progress if it doesn’t borrow to fund the building of its infrastructure.

She said this at a media briefing at the statehouse Abuja on Thursday, while reacting to criticism regarding high levels of borrowing by this administration.

ALSO READ  Buhari Approves N6.45bn For New Oxygen Plants In 38 Locations Nationwide

According to her,

”The level of borrowing is not unreasonable. It is not high. If we say we will not borrow and therefore we will not build rails and major infrastructure until our revenue rises enough, we will regress as a country. We will be left behind. We wouldn’t be able to improve our business environment and our economy will not grow.

We just need to make sure that when we borrow, we apply the borrowing to specific major infrastructure that would enhance the business environment in this country”

The total borrowing of Nigeria as of December 31, 2020 is nearly 25% of the GDP.

ALSO READ  60 Lagos-Ibadan railway project workers infected with COVID-19 – Rotimi Amaechi reveals
Continue Reading

News

LAUTECH Reacts To ‘Sex Tape’ Of Its Lecturer Having Sex With A Student

Published

on

LAUTECH

The Management of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology LAUTECH, has reacted to the viral video of one of the university’s lecturer allegedly having sex with a student of the institution.

A short 44-seconds video was the talk of social media yesterday. The video showed a middle-aged man having sex with a young lady in a room. The lecturer was left in shock after he turned during the act to see a third party filming him. The video was later released online.

ALSO READ  The late O.B lulu-briggs set to be buried on the 13th of March 2021 after two years of demise

Reacting to the development, the school authorities in a statement released, denied claims that the female is one of its students.

”We don’t have anything to do with the lady you mentioned. There are many of them who did not even complete secondary school education but would go on social media to claim they are LAUTECH students.

We don’t know her. LAUTECH is a school for serious-minded students and staff and not her type.”

Continue Reading

Search Google

ADVERTISEMENT

GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook

PICKED FOR YOU TO READ

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

Most Read Reports