Connect with us

News

Lagos State Government Demolishes Unapproved Building In The State

Published

on

Lagos State Government Demolishes Unapproved Building In The State

Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) has demolished an unapproved building in the state.

The building which was located at Olutunda Street, off Ade Akinsanya Street, Ilupeju area of the state was demolished on Monday 15th February.

The Agency’s General Manager, Arc. Gbolahan Owodunni Oki, while speaking at the site of the demolition said the building in question was identified by a team of LASBCA monitoring officers in August 2020 and all efforts by the Agency to prevail on the recalcitrant owner to follow due process and best practices, in consonance with the directive of the Agency, proved abortive.

ALSO READ  Learn How To Create Your Own Professional Website Or Blog And Make More Than 100k Per Month

Why was the building demolished?

Lagos State Govt demolishes unapproved building at Ilupeju

He said, “the illegal structure which has no building approval was built on a drainage channel, wall fenced with no airspace. The building had previously been served all statutory enforcement notices in line with the Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning Development Law of 2010 with no response from the owner/developer, hence the Agency had to remove the building”.

He emphasized that the decision was taken after a thorough engineering appraisal and monitoring of the building by the Agency to ensure a better physical planning environment for sustainable development and averting needless loss of lives and property.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Nigeria records 1074 new cases, 615 recoveries and 5 deaths

He added that the demolition is a signal to any would be recalcitrant developer who circumvents Government rules and regulations of the law, stressing that the structures shall be removed by the Agency and the cost of removal shall be borne by the owner.

While noting that people have shown disregard for State laws on building construction in the past with worrisome resultant effects, Oki appealed to building owners and developers to desist from starting building projects without obtaining necessary building approvals.

ALSO READ  #OccupyLekkiTollGate: Comeian, Mr Macaroni Arrested At Lekki Toll Gate (VIDEO)

He insisted that building owners/developers should seek authorisation from LASBCA, hire the services of relevant building Professionals, speak to safety and test their building materials before commencement of building construction, subject to the type of structures they are putting in place, to make the buildings safe, secure and fit for habitation.

News

Elon Musk Retains World’s Richest Man Title After Making Almost $10 Billion In A Day

Published

on

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos

US Businessman and Entrepreneur, Elon Musk came back in grand style to retain the world’s richest man after he made $9.81 billion on Wednesday, February 24.

Elon Musk’s electric car manufacturing company, Tesla surged back to $190 billion, after their shares recorded impressive gains of 6.18%, thereby putting the market value of Tesla at $712 billion coupled with the SpaceX he founded completing another funding round, pushing him atop the Bloomberg Billionaires Index for the third time in 2021.

ALSO READ  Learn How To Create Your Own Professional Website Or Blog And Make More Than 100k Per Month


The gains pushed Musk past Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos, who is now worth $185 billion and had a few days ago reclaimed the title as the world’s richest person after Tesla shares plunged to record levels.


Tesla Inc stocks were on a record buying spree at Wednesday’s trading session, indicating that global investors are buying the dip following a four-day plunge that erased the world’s most valuable car company year-to-date gains.

ALSO READ  Third Mainland Bridge To Be Reopened February 15 – Babatunde Fashola


Recent reports say SpaceX raised another $850 million this month from a group of leading institutional investors led by Sequoia Capital.


Such investment now puts SpaceX’s valuation at $74 billion, a 60% jump from August, and helped boost Musk’s net worth by about $11 billion, according to the index.

ALSO READ  Third Mainland Bridge Shut Down For Another 3 Days
Continue Reading

News

If You Dare Me, I’ll Spill All Your Bad Records” – Bobrisky Drags Nkechi Blessing

Published

on

bobrisky 1 1

Nigerian cross-dresser, Bobrisky has dragged actress, Nkechi Blessing to filth as they fight dirty over celebrity/fans tattoo saga.

Recall Bobrisky had slammed Nkechi and Ka3na for shaming their fan who tattooed their name on their body.

Trouble however started after Nkechi took to her page and tendered a public apology to the fan she had berated for inking her name.

IMG 202102254 681x455 1

One of Bobrisky’s fans then took to Nkechi’s apology post and commented “The fear of Bobrisky”. A comment which infuriated the actress and she said the fan and Bobrisky are both mad.

ALSO READ  PHOTOS: Davido's newly signed artiste, Liya among those arrested at Lagos club

Clapping back at her, Bobrisky has now taken to social media and warned Nkechi to keep his name out of her mouth or risk her dirty secrets being spilled.

Bobrisky wrote; “Nkechi or whatever your names is called !!!! I like my space and peace a lot, that is y I don’t follow people here, but when you crossed your lane you are definitely waking a dangerous python  up, I know you and clout are 5 and 6 and we are both SHAMELESS!!!! So let roll d dice.

ALSO READ  FRSC deploys 1200 operatives, 2000 special marshals on Lagos roads

“Never in your life mention my name on ur stupid page again !!!!! I repeat if u nor wan make sango and Ogun strike your whole generation. If you have any issue with me be brave and face me let roll d dice.

“Na me say make you they do audio giveaway for your page ? Or na me swear for you not to have money to appreciate your so called fans for writing your name. If that person that wrote your name know how broke you are she won’t even dare.

ALSO READ  First Civilian Governor Of Lagos State, Lateef Jakande Dies, Aged 91

“ABEG I’m not part of d people you share your [p****] palliative to oh! So it easy to drag you like I pass my neighbor generator. I will be expecting your reply on dis so I can now fire  back all your bad records. Guys go and get your popcorns and drink ready !!!! It’s about to be lit ”

Continue Reading

News

U.S Govt. Lists Ways To Recover $10.7m Restitution From Nigerian Fraudster, Invictus Obi

Published

on

iNVICTUS oBI

The United States Government has listed ways at which it will recover $10.7 million ordered to be restituted by convicted, Obinwanne Okeke popularly known as ‘Invictus Obi‘.

Invictus Obi was given a 10-years prison sentence by an Eastern District Court of Virginia following his guilty plea to multi-year wire fraud in June last year. He was also ordered to undergo three years of “supervised release” after serving his complete jail term.

According to a ‘Restitution Order’ and ‘Consent Order of Forfeiture’ jointly signed by the judge, the Acting U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia, Raj Parekh, Mr Okeke, and his defence lawyer, John Iweanoge.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Record broken again as new cases hit record high

The U.S. authorities are empowered to enforce the monetary judgment by taking over assets, credit, or monetary claims Mr Okeke may have in the country. The restitution is due in full and payable immediately from assets known and unknown and including assets identified in the Presentence Report. 

The assets include his “white gold emerald cut engagement ring with small accent diamonds”. The other forfeited assets are ”two cars back home in Nigeria”, and N280,555,010 translating into about $700,000 which the Nigerian government had seized from him.

Mr Okeke was also urged “to participate in the Bureau of Prisons’ Inmate Financial Responsibility Programme” to enable him to comply with the provisions of the financial plan” and to meet his “financial obligation” in accordance with the law. He is also expected to make periodic payments during his three years of supervised release.

ALSO READ  ‘Go Home’ Trump tells his Supporters After Storming Washington DC for Rally

The court ordered that beginning from 60 days of his release from prison and transiting into the supervised release phase, the convict will pay either $1,000 or 25 per cent of his net earnings, whichever is greater.

The restitution order read in part:

“If restitution is not paid in full immediately, the defendant shall pay to the Clerk at least $1,000 per month or 25 per cent of net income, whichever is greater, beginning 60 days after release from any period of confinement, or 60 days after sentencing if no confinement is imposed.

“All payments shall be made to the Clerk of Court, United States District Court, 2400 West Avenue, Newport News, Virginia 23607.”

The restituted funds will be distributed to companies which fell victim to Okeke’s fraudulent activities. They are Unatrac Holdings LLC in Washington DC, which was duped $5,429,166.54; Orient Insurance PJSC, duped $ 5million, and QBE European Operations which lost $250,000 to the fraudsters.

ALSO READ  First Civilian Governor Of Lagos State, Lateef Jakande Dies, Aged 91

The court ordered that the Clerk of Court “shall distribute the funds to Unatrac first and to the remaining victims on a pro-rata basis.”

Continue Reading

News

Funeral Service Of 7 Nigerian Air Force Officers Starts In Abuja

Published

on

Nigerian Airforce Planecrash Victims

The funeral service of the 7 Nigerian Air Force officers that died in Sunday air crash has started at the National Cemetery, Lugbe, Airport Road, Abuja.

The officers died in the Beechcraft King Air B350i that crashed a short distance from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, after reporting engine failure.

ALSO READ  COVID-19: Record broken again as new cases hit record high

The deceased officers were Captain, Fl Lt. Haruna Gadzama; Fl. Lt. Henry Piyo (Co-Pilot); Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System Specialist); Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS Specialist); Fl. Sgt. Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS Specialist); Sgt. Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS Specialist) and Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).

ALSO READ  FRSC deploys 1200 operatives, 2000 special marshals on Lagos roads

At the funeral service is the Minister of Defence, Maj. Gen. Salihi Magashi (retd.), the Chief of Defence Staff, Maj. Gen Lucky Irabor, the Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Atahiru, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Isiaka Amao and the family members of the deceased.

ALSO READ  Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened Today

The coffins draped in the Nigerian flags have already been placed on the open graves. Sitting on each coffin were the shoes and caps of the deceased.

Continue Reading

News

Kagara Abduction: We’ll Starve Schoolboys To Death, Says Abductors

Published

on

Kagara Abduction

The abductors of the 27 students and 15 workers of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State,  have threatened to starve them to death if the ransom they are demanding is not paid on time.

They made the threat in an audio recording on Wednesday by a prominent Islamic cleric,  Sheik Ahmad Gumi.

In the audio recording, the abductor, who spoke in Hausa, was heard conversing with a negotiator, identified by Gumi as a top official of the school.

He rejected N2.7m offered him as ransom for the 27 abductees.

The bandit stated, “I don’t have food for them. If anybody dies among them, we will tell you where to go and pick the corpse.

“You know these children are hungry. I don’t have food to give them, only water if they are going to die, let them die.”

ALSO READ  Police Denies Reports Of Wole Soyinka's House Being Attacked By Herdsmen

The negotiator said it would be difficult for him to get the phone numbers of all the parents as requested by the bandits.

The bandit responded that he was aware that many security agents and vehicles had been deployed in Kagara, vowing they would not succeed in rescuing the abductees.

He asked,  “You think I don’t know what you people are doing? I can tell you how many security vehicles are in Kagara as we speak.

“It is with the help of the people of the city that intruders can overrun the city. Don’t you know that? The person who gave us this business is there among you. He is there with you. Wherever you go, he is watching you. If you want to do this deal, go ahead. From God we come and to him we will return

ALSO READ  First Civilian Governor Of Lagos State, Lateef Jakande Dies, Aged 91

“Even if you put together the entire security forces of Nigeria in Kagara, I have eyes all over Kagara. Whichever step you take in Nigeria, I swear,  I will know. You people are saying they should not pay us, that if they pay us, we will use to money to buy weapons.  With whose money did we buy our weapons? If we don’t have weapons, you will just send security agents to kill us and take the children.”

Appealing to the bandit, the negotiator stated, “They (parents) have agreed to pay N2.7m. Each parent will pay N100,000 .”

ALSO READ  #OccupyLekkiTollGate: Comeian, Mr Macaroni Arrested At Lekki Toll Gate (VIDEO)

But the abductor rejected the offer threatening to unleash terror on Kagara.

The abductor stated, “If I want Kagara to be in peace, it will be in peace. If it is not going to be in peace, it will go in pieces from here until Ilorin. If I die in this process, I have children that I have instructed that if I die that I don’t want Kagara to be peaceful if you don’t do as I say. Even if I die, nobody will come into Kagara.”

He also berated governors, who said they should not be paid ransom.

He added, “Governors are saying we should not be given money because we are going to use it to buy guns; guns that Allah provides and you are boasting about.

Continue Reading

Search Google

ADVERTISEMENT

GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook

PICKED FOR YOU TO READ

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

Most Read Reports