Connect with us

Politics

Pete Edochie Endorses Son, Yul, For 2023 Presidential Race

Published

on

Pete Edochie Edorses Yul

Nollywood veteran actor, Pete Edochie, has endorsed his son, Yul Edochie, for the 2023 presidential race.

Yul revealed the news in a video shared on his social media pages on Thursday.

“My Father Chief Pete Edochie endorses my 2023 Presidential ambition… God Almighty, take absolute control,” he captioned the post.

In the less than 3-minute footage, Pete disclosed that the endorsement follows ceaseless pleas from young people asking him to openly back his son’s bid for the country’s highest political office.

The veteran actor also expressed confidence that his son posses the right values and drive to steer the country forward.

He said while he is not interested in politics, he would not hold back his support for Yul who has decided to delve into it.

ALSO READ  'Restructuring Cannot Fix Nigeria's Problems', Says Goodluck Jonathan

“My values are very strong. I have my own children and they are very strong in that regard too. I am not one to be involved in politics. But you see, not all your children are bound to follow you,” he said.

“One of my sons, who incidentally is an actor, has decided that he wants to be a politician. Most of the youngsters have been bugging my phone asking me to endorse my son that they want him as president and l get amused. But they keep insisting daddy, we want Yul to be the president of this country.

“We like him. He is disciplined, sympathetic, he believes a lot in people. They have bothered me so much that today, I’m hereby present him to you. He has my blessing. He has my endorsement.

ALSO READ  Do You Remember This Guy? Well, He Has Been Found

“Any day he decides to veer off from the discipline under which he was raised, l will withdraw him from the race. It shall be well with you son. Since it has been your ambition to go into politics and the desire to run for the presidency of this country, may the good Lord assist you, protect and direct you.”

Yul Edochie who in 2018 started his political ambition as he declared interest to run for the office of the presidency in the 2019 election under the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) party.

He later abandoned the ambition — a decision which according to him was arrived at “after due consultation”.

ALSO READ  Anxiety in Edo as court set to rules on Obaseki’s certificate

Prior to his presidential bid, he had contested for the Anambra state governorship election in 2017 under the flag of the Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC) but lost after securing only 145 votes.

Yul was appointed the senior special assistant on creative and entertainment media to Willie Obiano, the governor of Anambra state, in 2018.

The actor, however, resigned a few months later and defected from APGA to join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), stating that his decision was in a bid to support the presidential ambition of Atiku Abubakar, former vice-president, who was the candidate of the party.

Earlier this year, Yul once again declared his interest to run for Nigeria’s highest office in 2023.

Politics

Allow Some Region-Like State Security System To Function- Peter Obi Advises FG

Published

on

Peter Obi

Former Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi has advised the federal government to allow region-like state security system to function in the country.

Obi who gave the advice while commenting on the widespread insecurity witnessed in the country on a Channels Television program on Monday March 1, stated that government has to come out genuinely to tackle the issue of security of lives and properties by investing in region-like state security system. 

ALSO READ  Homosexuality Is Totally Unacceptable In Islam And Should Never Be Legalized - Chief Imam

He said; 

“Allow some region-like state security system to function. The government has to come out genuinely to tackle the issue of security of lives and properties by investing in them. 

“I served as a governor and when I found out that we had a security issue, I decided that every community in Anambra State must have their own security outfit funded and supported by the government.

“If you go to Anambra State, every community has a pickup for security. In fact, some own two or three. A community like Nnewi owns four or five because it is critical.

“Just support every community, let governments of the states support every community. There is no better protection or security you can have within a community than those communities being in charge of their own security because they know the criminals.

“They know those who are foreigners in their community, so it is very easy. You can’t come to my village and provide a better community than my villagers.”

Continue Reading

Politics

Gombe Governor Sacks 3 Commissioners

Published

on

Gombe State Governor

The Governor of Gombe State, Inuwa Yahaya has sacked three commissioners in a minor cabinet reshuffle.

The sacked commissioners are Alhassan Ibrahim Kwami – Information & Culture, Dr Ahmed Mohammed Gana- Health and Mela Audu Nunghe (SAN)- Special Duties.

The Secretary to the State Government, Ibrahim Njodi made the announcement on Monday March 1.

He added that six commisioners were redeployed to other ministries.

Three persons have already been nominated by the governor for confirmation by the state House of Assembly as replacements for the sacked commisioners.

ALSO READ  Social Media Reacts As Popular DJ, Babatunde Bello aka DJ Babus Dies of COVID-19 (PHOTOS)

Njodi said; 

“In his bid to further consolidate on the operations of government, Governor Inuwa Yahaya has approved a minor cabinet reshufflement as follows:

“Mohammed Danladi Adamu from Lands and Survey to Rural, Community Development and Cooperatives; Dr Habu Dahiru from Education to Health, and Usman Jafun Biri from Ministry of Rural, Community Development and Cooperatives to Ministry of Lands and Survey.

“The others areJulius Ishaya from Ministry of Youth Development to Ministry of Information and Culture; Dauda Batari Zambuk from Ministry of Internal Security and Ethical Orientation to Ministry of Education and Adamu Dishi Kupto from Ministry of Housing and Urban Development to Ministry of Internal Security and Ethical Orientation.

“In the same vein, His Excellency has relieved the following commissioners of their appointments with immediate effect: Alhassan Ibrahim Kwami – Information & Culture, Dr Ahmed Mohammed Gana- Health and Mela Audu Nunghe (SAN)- Special Duties.

“They are expected to hand over the affairs of their ministries to their respective Permanent Secretaries.

“His Excellency wishes to thank them for their services to Gombe State and wishes them well in their future endeavors.”

Continue Reading

Politics

Senate Approves Appointments Of New Service Chiefs

Published

on

Service Chiefs

The Nigerian Senate on Tuesday March 2, confirmed the appointment of the new Service Chiefs that were forwarded for screening and confirmation by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The confirmation followed the presentation and consideration of a report of the Senator Aliyu Wamakko-led Senate Joint Committee of Defence, Army, Airforce and Navy.

ALSO READ  Homosexuality Is Totally Unacceptable In Islam And Should Never Be Legalized - Chief Imam

The Senate challenged the Service Chiefs to do everything in their power to stem the tide of insecurity in the country.

Continue Reading

Politics

DSS Denies ‘Arreseting Or Inviting’ Kano Governor’s Aide Salihu Tanko Yakasai

Published

on

Salihu Tanko Yakasai

The Department of State Security (DSS) has denied reports of arresting or even inviting the former Special Aide to Governor Ganduje, Salihu Tanko Yakasai over his comments against the government of President Buhari and the ruling APC.

Bubble Reports earlier reported that Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, on Friday, February 26, via his Twitter handle, called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government to either deal with bandits in the Country or resign from office. He stated this on Twitter while reacting to the abduction of 317 schoolgirls in Zamfara.

ALSO READ  Governor Ganduje Sacks Adviser Salihu Tanko Yakasai, After He Criticized President Buhari And APC

Shortly after tweeting, his whereabouts became unknown, causing many of his friends to come on Twitter to demand answers.

This morning, one of the aides of the Kano state governor who handles the official handle of the state, Abubakar Sadiq, disclosed on Twitter, that Tanko-Yakassai was with the DSS.

ALSO READ  Governor Zulum Convoy Crashes Leaves 3 Politicians Dead in Borno State

The DSS has however denied this claim, saying it did not arrest or even invite Salihu.

The DSS State Director Muhammad Alhassan, who denied the reports, said

”The DSS State Director Muhammad Alhassan said that, “we have not arrested or even invited Yakasai. don’t forget he is our friend, sometimes, he advise us on issues of critical Security situations in the state”.

Continue Reading

Politics

‘I Never Collected Salary For 8 Years As Governor Of Osun’- Rauf Aregbesola

Published

on

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola

The Minister of Interior and former governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, has revealed that he never collected any salary all through his eight years in office as governor of Osun state.

Aregbesola who is currently serving as Nigeria’s Minister of Interior Affairs, stated this while dismissing reports published by online that he received 96-month salary arrears in secret when he served as the governor of Osun state. 

ALSO READ  ASUU STRIKE: FG and ASUU to meet today, Ngige confident universities would resume by January

A statement from Aregbesola’s media aide, Sola Fasure, described the report as a fiction written by elements bent on casting “aspersion on the integrity of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola”

“The report is entirely a piece of fiction, a good exemplar of fake news and disreputable journalism. Let me state categorically again, that Ogbeni Aregbesola did not receive any salary in the entire duration of his eight-year stint as governor in Osun.

His reason being that the state government provided accommodation, security, transportation, food and other conveniences for him and would not need to pay for these from his pocket.

He also explained that all his children are grown up and have graduated and he would not need to pay school fees again. He therefore donated his salaries to the state government.

The author of the report claims to have got the information from some anonymous government officials. He provides no evidence.

The report fails basic journalistic ethical requirement that only truth and verifiable fact should be reported as news. Reading through it, one is not in doubt that the evil intention behind the piece was to smear and cast aspersion on the integrity of Ogbeni Aregbesola.”

Continue Reading

Get The Most Interesting Post

Subscribe to notifications

ADVERTISEMENT

GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook

PICKED FOR YOU TO READ

Most Read Reports