Connect with us

News

Presidential Aspirant, Yul Edochie Task Youths To Join In Struggle For A Better Nigeria

Published

on

Yul-Edochie

Nollywood actor and Presidential Aspirant, Yul Edochie has asked youths in the country to join the struggle for a better Nigeria.

Recounting how Yakubu Gowon became Head of State at the age of 31 and how Odumegwu Ojukwu led the Biafra side during the civil war at the age of 33, Yul Edochie stated that Nigerian youths don’t need to be cowards in the struggle for a better Nigeria. 

ALSO READ  APC suspends membership registrations nationwide

He tweeted; 

Gowon was 31 when he became Head of State. Ojukwu led the war at 33. Youths, wake up. Don’t sit at home & tell me it won’t work. It makes you a coward. And in this struggle for a better Nigeria we do not need cowards. Join us, support the movement & together we’ll make it work.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Funeral Service Of 7 Nigerian Air Force Officers Starts In Abuja

Published

on

Nigerian Airforce Planecrash Victims

The funeral service of the 7 Nigerian Air Force officers that died in Sunday air crash has started at the National Cemetery, Lugbe, Airport Road, Abuja.

The officers died in the Beechcraft King Air B350i that crashed a short distance from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, after reporting engine failure.

ALSO READ  'Nigeria Is Enhancing Surveillance At Borders Over Ebola Outbreak' - PTF Chairman, Boss Mustapha

The deceased officers were Captain, Fl Lt. Haruna Gadzama; Fl. Lt. Henry Piyo (Co-Pilot); Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System Specialist); Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS Specialist); Fl. Sgt. Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS Specialist); Sgt. Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS Specialist) and Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).

ALSO READ  INEC to introduce new technologies ahead of 2023 Election

At the funeral service is the Minister of Defence, Maj. Gen. Salihi Magashi (retd.), the Chief of Defence Staff, Maj. Gen Lucky Irabor, the Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Atahiru, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Isiaka Amao and the family members of the deceased.

ALSO READ  World Leaders Congratulate Joe Biden after Four Turbulent Years Under Donald Trump

The coffins draped in the Nigerian flags have already been placed on the open graves. Sitting on each coffin were the shoes and caps of the deceased.

Continue Reading

News

Kagara Abduction: We’ll Starve Schoolboys To Death, Says Abductors

Published

on

Kagara Abduction

The abductors of the 27 students and 15 workers of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State,  have threatened to starve them to death if the ransom they are demanding is not paid on time.

They made the threat in an audio recording on Wednesday by a prominent Islamic cleric,  Sheik Ahmad Gumi.

In the audio recording, the abductor, who spoke in Hausa, was heard conversing with a negotiator, identified by Gumi as a top official of the school.

He rejected N2.7m offered him as ransom for the 27 abductees.

The bandit stated, “I don’t have food for them. If anybody dies among them, we will tell you where to go and pick the corpse.

“You know these children are hungry. I don’t have food to give them, only water if they are going to die, let them die.”

ALSO READ  Suspected Herdsmen arrested for killing farmers in Bauchi State

The negotiator said it would be difficult for him to get the phone numbers of all the parents as requested by the bandits.

The bandit responded that he was aware that many security agents and vehicles had been deployed in Kagara, vowing they would not succeed in rescuing the abductees.

He asked,  “You think I don’t know what you people are doing? I can tell you how many security vehicles are in Kagara as we speak.

“It is with the help of the people of the city that intruders can overrun the city. Don’t you know that? The person who gave us this business is there among you. He is there with you. Wherever you go, he is watching you. If you want to do this deal, go ahead. From God we come and to him we will return

ALSO READ  ‘It’s the handiwork of mischief makers’ — Nyesom Wike disowns Presidential Campaign Posters

“Even if you put together the entire security forces of Nigeria in Kagara, I have eyes all over Kagara. Whichever step you take in Nigeria, I swear,  I will know. You people are saying they should not pay us, that if they pay us, we will use to money to buy weapons.  With whose money did we buy our weapons? If we don’t have weapons, you will just send security agents to kill us and take the children.”

Appealing to the bandit, the negotiator stated, “They (parents) have agreed to pay N2.7m. Each parent will pay N100,000 .”

ALSO READ  'I will run for President in 2023'- Yul Edochie declares

But the abductor rejected the offer threatening to unleash terror on Kagara.

The abductor stated, “If I want Kagara to be in peace, it will be in peace. If it is not going to be in peace, it will go in pieces from here until Ilorin. If I die in this process, I have children that I have instructed that if I die that I don’t want Kagara to be peaceful if you don’t do as I say. Even if I die, nobody will come into Kagara.”

He also berated governors, who said they should not be paid ransom.

He added, “Governors are saying we should not be given money because we are going to use it to buy guns; guns that Allah provides and you are boasting about.

Continue Reading

Football

Ronaldinho Speaks After Losing Mother

Published

on

Ronaldinho Loses Mother

Football legend, Ronaldinho has spoke after he lost his mother, Miguelina Eloi Assis dos Santos last Saturday.


On Tuesday night, February 23, Ronaldinho sent a message via his social media account to thank fans and friends for their show of support following the news of his mother’s death. 

ALSO READ  Presidency Should Be Zoned To The South In 2023 - Governor Ganduje


“My family and I thank you all for the love and support we are receiving at this difficult time. My mother was an inspiration of strength and joy to all who knew her and will continue to exert her light in our lives forever. With the strength she taught us, we will continue our journey. Thank you ”, he wrote in his post accompanied with an image of him hugging his mother.

ALSO READ  "This is how he celebrated you. Please rescue him" - Man begs Buhari as he shares photo abducted UN Worker celebrating Buhari's re-election

His mother passed away on Saturday, February 20, in Porto Alegre, Brazil, from COVID-19 complications. She was hospitalized since December 2020 after having been infected with COVID-19.

Continue Reading

News

Nigeria’s Restructuring Should Be Driven By Economic Viability – AfDB President, Akinwumi Adesina

Published

on

Akinwumi Adesina

The current President of the African Development Bank Group, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina has said that the restructuring of Nigeria should be driven by economic and financial viability.

He said this in a public lecture titled ‘Toward a New Nigeria From Federal Fatherism to a Commonwealth’ and delivered virtually from the base of the African Development Bank in Abidjan, Ivory Coast for an event in Akure.

ALSO READ  Lagos State Govt. Launches Second Phase of ''Sanwo-Olu Listens''

Akinwumi who stated that economic and financial viability are necessary for political viability,  also called for a better way of supporting states in financing critical infrastructure.

He stressed the need to diversify the source of financing for states across Nigeria, noting that Nigerians in Diaspora remitted $24 billion in 2019, which accounted for half of crude oil exports.

ALSO READ  Pete Edochie Endorses Son, Yul, For 2023 Presidential Race

Akinwumi suggested that resources in each state should be managed by the States which will in turn pay federal taxes and royalties to the Federal Government. He also urged state governments to focus on turning their resources into wealth based on their areas of comparative advantage.

ALSO READ  Boko Haram leader, Shekau is critically ill, need prayers from Nigerians - Borno Reverend reveals
Continue Reading

News

Mother Arrested In Ebonyi For Trying To Sell Baby For N40,000

Published

on

Mother Arrested In Ebonyi For Trying To Sell Baby For N40,000

An Ebonyi mother believed to be a commercial sex worker was arrested by the Ebonyi State police for allegedly trying to sell her baby for N40,000.

The 32-year-old woman identified as Victoria Chukwube, was arrested while trying to sell her four-month-old baby boy to raise money to start a business of selling drinks.

Ebonyi state police spokesperson, Loveth Odah said Chukwube was arrested following a tip off.

ALSO READ  Pete Edochie Endorses Son, Yul, For 2023 Presidential Race

Odah said; 

“So her name is Chukwube Victoria, she told us she is a commercial sex hawker and that she has this baby which she carrying.

“She said if she leaves here she would continue to look out for prospective buyers.

“But we tried to talk to her and to make her see the value of being a mother, but she refused.

ALSO READ  Reopening of schools, religious centres worsened Nigeria’s COVID-19 situation – PFT chairman

“She even told us that if we allow her to go home with the baby she will throw the baby away and that she can’t tell who got her pregnant.”

Upon being interrogated, the lady refused to disclose her state of origin or local government but maintained that she does not have the financial ability to take care of the child.

ALSO READ  VIDEO: Amotekun Arrests School Children For Behaving Like Naira Marley, Naira Marley reacts

Chukwube said; 

“I am from Nigeria, 32 years old, a commercial sex hawker and my baby is just four months old.

“I want to sell the baby at the rate of N40,000 to start up a business. I have a fridge and I reside at Ogbe Hausa in Abakaliki.”

Continue Reading

Search Google

ADVERTISEMENT

GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook

PICKED FOR YOU TO READ

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

Most Read Reports