Connect with us

News

‘Trump’s Ban To Remain Forever’- Top Twitter Official Reveals

Published

on

Trump Suspended on Twitter

According to a top official of social media giant, Twtter the account of the former President of the United States, Donald Trump’s will remain forever banned, even if he runs for president again in 2024

Twitter’s Chief Financial Officer, Ned Segal made the revelation on Wednesday during an interview on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,”.

Ned Segal, was asked if the platform would restore Trump’s account if he ran again and was elected president.

ALSO READ  FG Defends Conditional Cash Transfer Process, Says It Is Transparent

In his reply, Segal said the ban is permanent, even if he ever becomes president again.


“The way our policies work, when you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform whether you’re a commentator, you’re a CFO or you are a former or current public official,” Segal said.


“Our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anybody does that, we would have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back.”

ALSO READ  US Donates Over $325,000 Worth Of Equipment To Nigeria Police To Fight Terrorism

“So, no?,” Squawk Box host Rebecca Quick pressed. 

“He was removed when he was president, and there’d be no difference for anybody who [was] a public official once they’ve been removed from the service,” Segal responded. 

Mr. Segal also confirmed that the rules would apply to any public official that was banned from the service for similar reasons to Mr. Trump.

ALSO READ  Trump sets up "Office Of The Former President" in Florida

MUST READ: Twitter permanently suspends Trump


Donald Trump was banned from Twitter last month following the deadly Jan. 6 riots that interrupted Congress’ certification of President Biden’s electoral college win.
 

News

Kano State Government Orders Immediate Closure Of 4 Tertiary Institutions

Published

on

Ganduje

Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has ordered the immediate closure of four tertiary institutions in the state.

The closure comes a day after he ordered the closure of ten boarding schools in the state following the abduction of over 300 schoolgirls in neighbouring Zamfara State.

ALSO READ  Man abducted by Gunmen in Owerri

A statement released by the state Commissioner for Higher Education, Dr Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, reads

“The Kano State Government under the able leadership of His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kano State, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has directed the closure of some tertiary institutions in the state with immediate effect,” 

The tertiary institutions ordered to be closed include RMK College of Advanced and Remedial Studies, T/Wada; School of Environmental Studies Gwarzo; School of Rural Technology and Entrepreneurship Dev (SORTED), Rano and ABCOAD, Dambatta.

ALSO READ  Fani-Kayode attacks Twitter CEO for suspending Trump's account

All students of the affected schools were also advised to vacate the campuses as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

News

PHOTOS: Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello, Meets Freed Kagara Schoolboys

Published

on

PHOTOS: Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello, Meets Freed Kagara Schoolboys

The Governor of Niger State, Abubakar Bello met with the recently freed Kagara schoolboys and their teachers at the state government house in Minna, the state capital.

The state governor said the state government is working to identify the root cause of banditry in the state.

ALSO READ  Buhari Should Surprise Nigerians And Change Service Chiefs, Ex DSS Boss speaks on Insecurity

He also disclosed that one of the abductees is in the hospital being treated for excessive exhaustion.

Continue Reading

News

Armed Bandits Kill 4 Persons In Fresh Attacks In Kagara

Published

on

Bandits in Nigeria

At least four persons were reportedly killed during fresh attacks by suspected bandits in Kagara community in Niger State.

The attack comes after the 27 students and three teachers of the Government Science College in Kagara abducted by suspected bandits last Wednesday, February 17, regained their freedom in the early hours of today, February 27.

ALSO READ  Man abducted by Gunmen in Owerri

According to a report by DailyTrust, the bandits attacked Gidan Adamu, near Yakila, headquarters of Gunna district and Gidan Wamban Karaku community where 11 persons which include seven women were abducted.

The bandits were said to have rustled a large number of cows and also kidnapped the Imam of Madaka district in Rubo village.

ALSO READ  FG Defends Conditional Cash Transfer Process, Says It Is Transparent
Continue Reading

News

EFCC Arraigns Insurance Broker Over Diversion of N26b PHCN Pension Fund

Published

on

Abiodun Waheed Hassan

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday, February 25 arraigned an insurance broker named Abiodun Waheed Hassan, alongside his firm, Bestworth Insurance Brokers Limited, on a five-count charge of misappropriating over N26billion PHCN pension fund.

Hassan was arraigned before Justice S.C Oriji of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Apo, Abuja.

ALSO READ  FG Defends Conditional Cash Transfer Process, Says It Is Transparent

Abiodun allegedly diverted huge sums of money earmarked for the payment of outstanding insurance premiums and claims of deceased and incapacitated staff of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), into the corporate account of entities.

In one count of the charge, the insurance broker diverted N26 billion paid into the insurance firm account into another bank account on January 25, 2015. Count five of the charge alleged that Abiodun misappropriated six billion naira.

ALSO READ  MTN begins NIN registration in Lagos, Abuja, PH offices

He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Justice Oriji adjourned the matter till March 4, 2021 for hearing on the bail application and remanded defendant in EFCC custody.

Continue Reading

News

Kano State Government Closes 10 Boarding Schools Following Zamfara School Abduction

Published

on

Ganduje

In reaction to the recent abduction of over 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara State by armedmen , the Kano state government has ordered the immediate closure of 10 boarding schools located at the outskirt of the state.

A statement released by the state Commissioner of Education Muhammad Sunusi Kiru, listed the affected schools as Girls Secondary School at Sumaila, Girls Secondary School Jogana, Girls Secondary School Gezawa, and Government Secondary School, Kafin Maiyaki (Male),

ALSO READ  Man abducted by Gunmen in Owerri

Others are Maitama Sule Secondary School, Gaya; Girls Secondary School Kachako; Girls Secondary School, Kunchi; Unity College Karaye; Girls Arabic College Albasu; Girls Secondary School Tudun Wada and Danzabuwa.

“This decision is part of our resolve to protect our children from any unforeseen circumstances.”the statement read

The Commissioner urged parents to bear with the state government over the painful decision, saying it is for the good of the children.

ALSO READ  Trump sets up "Office Of The Former President" in Florida

He said schools will resume once the security situation is brought under control.

Continue Reading

Search Google

ADVERTISEMENT

GET OUR UPDATES ON Facebook

PICKED FOR YOU TO READ

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

Most Read Reports